The Winnipegosis Museum was the original Rail Station, built in 1897. Railway service to Winnipegosis was first made available October 8, 1897, when the railway line was opened from Sifton. On December 20, 1898, this line became part of the Canadian Northern Railway, which in 1918, amalgamated into the Canadian National Railway System.
The Winnipegosis Historical Society Inc. collects, preserves, studies and interprets the human and natural history of Winnipegosis, the Mossey River Municipality and surrounding area for the public. Our collections are on display at the Winnipegosis Museum. They reflect the lifestyle of the early settlers, as well as preserve the tools, clothing and documentation of the varied occupations of the people of this area. They are used for public display and education. We also have archival collections which are available for study.