Recent Posts:

  • Danny Johnson

    Danny Johnson has been honoured in Winnipegosis with a bulletin board telling of his career as a professional hockey player. Born and raised here Danny played hockey with all the local kids in our beloved old arena. He went on Continue reading →

    Read More

  • Passenger Train

    Passenger service to Winnipegosis was provided for many years, by a mixed train.  This was a freight train which also hauled a combination coach/baggage car with seats for the occasional passengers and a large compartment for less than carload shipments. Continue reading →

    Read More

  • Gruber

    When the Lake Manitoba Railway and Canal Company line was extended in 1897 from Sifton, it stopped at a small settlement called Gruber, about a mile and a half south of the present village of Winnipegosis. This place took the Continue reading →

    Read More